This product is q special order item and may take 2 to 3 weeks depending on availability. Please call us at 804 379-1110 if you have questions.
For high volume home winemaker or small wineries, this machine is a great value. It is gentle, easy to load, and pumps the grapes into your awaiting fermenter, eliminating the need for a separate must pump.
Why No Crushing Rollers?
It processes your grapes without roller. Here is how it works. You put fruit in the top bin and the screw feed moves the fruit to the left where it drops down into the destemming chamber. The fruit is destemmed and grapes drop down through the grate to the next level. Stems are ejected out the end of the destemming chamber and into an awaiting receptacle. After the fruit drops through the destemming chamber it falls into a bin at the bottom of the machine that has a screw feed. The screw feed pushes the grapes to the right where they are pushed into a circular chamber. In the circular chamber, a paddle wheel, pushes grapes back out the exit tube, through a 3" hose, you attach, and into the awaiting fermenters.
Why this machine is so popular in Italy
Because they know you don't need rollers on this type of machine. The action of the two screws, the destemming chamber and the paddle wheel crack the berries.
The Built-in Must Pump
The built in paddle-wheel style must pump can push fruit an average of 12' high with a 10' horizontal run OR up to 4' high with a 40' horizontal run. These are estimates only: actual results will vary on factors such as the total load on the machine and the viscosity of the must in the transfer tube. It can only be used at processing time and cannot be used later in the winemaking process.
A Great Value!
We recommend this machine for small wineries or larger home producers who do not wish to make the considerable jump to truly commercial quality equipment. You can make excellent wine with this machine without the added cost of the more expensive equipment.
Summary of Features:
1) Stainless Body, Bin, Agitator, and Screw Feed
2) Removable stainless basket for easy cleaning (Destemming basket holes are 1.0225" wide)
3) A Screw Feed for continual, faster, hands-free operation
4) Rubber tipped destemming bar for softer processing
5) Output of 4000 - 4,500 lbs/per hour
6) Paddle wheel style Must pump built in with 3" TC Outlet
7) A powerful Single Phase 220V 2 HP motor (12.1 amp draw) with starting capacitor
8) High-quality units made by Enoitalia of Italy
9) Replacement parts are available
10) Two casters allow for easy wheel-barrow type movement
11) Emergency stop button
12) Length 46.5" (118 cm), Width 27" (68 cm), Height 35.4" (90 cm), weight 207 lb (94 kg)
13) Unit comes with bare cord wire. Wire on the appropriate 220v plug for your electrical connection.